The Instituto de Neurociencias (IN) Omics Facility is a platform for Genomic and Transcriptomic analysis that provides services and training to both IN and external users. This core facility includes a set of state-of-the-art equipment that allows to perform a great variety of techniques including Cell Sorting (populations and single cell), Single Cell platform, QPCR, DNA and RNA quality control, Library construction, DNA sonication, Bioinformatics platform for data analysis and storage. Genomic and Transcriptomic issues from fixed cells, disaggregated living tissues, cell cultures and cellular organelles can be analyzed.
The service also counts with high-performance workstations and software packages for data analysis.
- Technical assistance for the use of all the devices and equipment provided in the facility.
- Coaching/training for experimental design.
- Assistance in the processing and analysis of data using the facility’s provided, and freely available software.
- Guidance in the development of single cell protocols.
- Equipment and devices maintenance.
- Workshop organization and displays related to omics issues, as well as new technologies.
- Participation in outreach activities.
General communication, questions, appointment inquiries and training requests will preferably be set up by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
General operational considerations of the Omics Facility:
1. General communication, questions, appointment inquiries, and training requests will be preferably stablished by email to: email@example.com.
2. The Principal Investigator is ultimately responsible for the correct use of the Facility’s equipment by any member of his/her team.
3. Users must read and be aware of the basic instructions for the correct use of each equipment he/she manipulates, as well as for the rules applicable in each case.
4. It is mandatory for new users to receive the corresponding training by the Facility’s personnel before using any equipment. Moreover, during the first session they should be supervised by the Facility’s personnel or an experimented user.
5. Microscopes and workstations will be always booked through the web page: intranet equipment reservation.
6. Cancellation of a booked session the same day that the equipment will be used, is not possible. However, an email may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, in order to make use of the slot. Canceling bookings prior to one day can be done through the web page.
7. It is forbidden to browse Internet, software installation/deletion or the use of external storage devices in any Facility’s computer.
8. Any user booking a slot is responsible for the equipment during that time.
9. Working area should be kept clean, particularly after finalizing the session.
10. If you have uncertainties regarding the use of any equipment, no matter how simple may seem, ask for help to the personnel without any hesitation.
The Omics Facility is located on the ground floor, southeast corner of the IN and organized as follows:
- Room 012 : Omics Facility
- Room 010 : Computational Analysis